Emerging Leaders Program
An intensive three-day workshop designed specifically for individuals currently working in the sector who are interested in advancing to leading a nonprofit.
The Emerging Leaders program is appropriate for professionals working in any nonprofit sub-sector and current level of responsibility. Program participants take a personal leadership assessment and develop new executive skills. Experienced community leaders, who collaborate with participants' supervisors and mentors, provide guidance and "homework" helping translate their classwork to work in their current position.
The Emerging Leaders Program:
- Identifies and supports emerging nonprofit leaders of diverse backgrounds;
- Provides emerging nonprofit leaders a venue to network and build relationships with their peers;
- Develops and expands the leadership skills and abilities of emerging nonprofit leaders;
- Creates intergenerational mentoring opportunities; and
- Equips the Northeast Florida nonprofit sector with a pipeline of highly qualified and connected nonprofit leaders.
Past participants have said:
“This program gave real life perspective of what it takes to be a CEO – the good, bad, and ugly. It also made me reflect on my current needs that need to be addressed and strengthened to be a better CEO in the future.”
“I am thinking much more strategically about how I can lead and what skills I need to develop.”
“It showed me that there are others in the sector who are empowered to grow and lead, and that we can learn from each other and network together.”
The Emerging Leaders Program is not currently accepting applications at this time.
The 2016 program dates are Friday, September 9th; Friday, October 7th; and Friday, November 18th.
Because of the support of the Beaches Community Fund at The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida, there is no cost to participate.
If you would like to sponsor future Emerging Leaders Program or develop a similar program, please email Leah Donelan or call 904-425-8758.