Nonprofit organizations need funding to achieve their mission and meet their constituents’ needs, but often the persons they charge with this critical job are new to the nonprofit sector, fund development, or both. The Nonprofit Center, with support from The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida, is offering development professionals in the early stages of their career the opportunity to participate in an intensive, five-month program that will build their knowledge and skills in the art and science of fundraising.
The Fund Development Professionals Intensive is designed to help new or less-experienced development staff increase their skills in:
- Major gifts
- Planned giving
- Annual campaigns
- Building relationships
- Telling your story
- And much more!
The five-month program includes 5 retreat learning days, peer-support networking, and insightful conversations with local philanthropists. In addition, the Intensive provides:
- five mentoring sessions with an experienced development professional;
- practical skill building through homework assignments and an opportunity to create personal professional development goals;
- opportunities to connect with other Intensive graduates;
- team-building with his/her CEO.
A cohort of 15-18 participants will be selected, and interested development professionals are invited to apply.
- Be currently working in a development or fundraising capacity (Preference will be given to Nonprofit Center members; click here for a list of our member organization)
- Be in their current position less than three years
- Be committed to staying in the nonprofit sector
- Be able to attend the orientation session (May 18), all program days (May 18, June 8, July 13, August 17, and September 14), complete the homework, and fulfill mentoring requirements
- Have the support of their supervisor and CEO, including their commitment to attend the orientation
Thanks to the support of The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida, there is no cost to selected participants.
For more information and to download an application, click here. The deadline to apply for the program is Friday, February 16 at 5:00PM. Questions about the program? Contact Callan Brown at cbrown@NonprofitCtr.org or 904-425-1831.