SUBSTANCE ABUSE THERAPIST (CAP or MCAP)
Assess, develop, and provide comprehensive treatment services and plans utilizing evidence based practices for clients in the Substance Abuse Out-Patient Program.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate DCF licensed Substance Abuse Out-Patient treatment group and individual therapy.
- Maintain caseload of Medicaid clients for Out-Patient Substance Abuse services while utilizing evidenced based practices.
- Submit notes and billing in a timely manner.
- Manage and conduct biopsychosocial assessments for clients upon entry into the program, to determine the appropriate level of care.
- Develop and implement Individual Treatment/Life Plan based upon participant, identified needs, formulating goals that are measurable and attainable.
- Assist clients by providing linkages to community resources and advocate on their behalf.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three to five years of clinical experience working in substance abuse.
- Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Licensed or Licensed Eligible in the State of Florida (LCSW or LMHC with CAP)