The Teen Program Manager is responsible for assisting with the overall organization, administration, development, supervision, and implementation of MaliVai Washington Youth Foundation’s high school and boys’ programming at the new Teen Center.
This is a full time, hourly position reporting to the Teen Center Director. The Teen Program Manager will assist the Teen Center Director and work directly with other full and part time staff for the successful implementation of the Teen Center and overall Teen Programs.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some Friday evenings and Saturdays.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace
Work Hours & Benefits
- Approximate 40-hour work week; occasional overtime when required
- Weekday hours are 10am-7pm; must be available to work some Friday and Saturday evening hours until 10pm on a rotating basis for occasional evening events.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Health 75% employer paid; 3% SRA match; paid time off bank; paid major holidays including week between Christmas & New Years.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Provide support to the middle and high school after school program, providing academic and enrichment activities and assisting with ensuring program outcomes. • Provide member guidance and mentoring to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, social, emotional and vocational needs. • Provide co-leadership with Teen Center Director to Leaders In Training (LIT) Work Study program • Organize and manage a variety of elective curriculum as well as social and educational events for high school students (including college tours, teen nights, etc.) and middle school boys • Provide regular action plans and detailed regular reports to Teen Center Director. • Enforce organization standards and follow disciplinary action procedures as necessary. • Assist with record-keeping as needed, ensuring all required paperwork is up-to-date • During program hours, implement specific programs, curriculum and activities as assigned by the Teen Center Director. • Supervise Teen Center during assigned evening and weekend activities and events. • Attend meetings, trainings and workshops as necessary. • Drive transportation van for program pickups and drop offs and on field trips, as necessary. • Adhere to all policies and procedures • Other duties as directed by the Teen Center Director
• Commitment to youth development and the mission • Ability to communicate both orally and in writing using correct English • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate • Flexible and calm under pressure • Must be able to adapt to changes in the workplace. • A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards • Excels at operating in a fast paced environment • Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done • Meet DCF qualifications for Level 2 Background screening & pass a Drug Test • Creativity and High attention to detail • Sound judgement, professionalism and a positive attitude • Able to work without constant supervision; self-starter • Organization and time management skills. • Act as a role model in both professional and personal life. • Willingness to complete required trainings during first 90 days of employment • Must have a current Florida driver’s license and a 3-year clean driving record • Physical Requirements: Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors and adapt to inclement weather; able to bend and lift up to 40 lbs; while performing duties, employee is required regularly to sit, stand and walk as well as frequent computer work.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field. • Preferably 2-4 years of experience working with middle and/or high school youth, ideally implementing programs. • Experience and a comfort level dealing with a diverse low-income population in an urban area