Assistant Patron Services Manager – The Florida Theatre
Assist the Director of Patron Services and the Florida Theatre administrative team in the overall management of front of house operations, including serving as house manager at many events.
Benefits: 100% health, dental and life insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, nights and weekends required
Reports to: Director of Patron Services
• Assist Director of Patron Services with scheduling and supervision of housekeeping, security, bar staff, and ushers.
• Assist Director with ordering supplies for bar and other front of house operations, as well as maintaining and tracking inventory.
• Help maintain the appearance of the Florida Theatre front of house areas.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
Event House Manager Duties:
• Provide a consistently high level of customer service to patrons attending events at the Florida Theatre.
• Adhere to guest service policies while assuring the comfort and safety of patrons before, during and after events.
• Ensure the smooth operation and coordination of FOH activities.
• Work closely with all Florida Theatre staff to provide required and requested services during each performance.
• Handle general patron complaints and resolve problems related to seating, safety and comfort.
• Distribute programs and other materials to patrons as appropriate.
• Dispatch security personnel as needed for unruly and disruptive patrons.
• Supervise responses to accidents; notify security and rescue units as appropriate; see that injured persons are not moved or left alone; and, complete incident reports as needed.
• Disseminate general information to patrons about the Florida Theatre events, parking, area restaurants, etc.
• Work with custodial personnel to ensure proper housekeeping, set-ups, etc.
• Hold pre-performance volunteer briefings, assign usher stations and disseminate specific event information.
• Coordinate opening of the auditorium and security needs with the Technical Director.
• Confirm exit doors are unlocked by security personnel prior to opening the facility to the public; and, secure exits following the performance after all audience members have left the facility.
• Ensure auditorium doors are closed at curtain time, opened at intermission and closed at the end of each performance.
• Serve as a facility representative, along with the Bar Captain, Security Supervisor and Programming Manager (for rentals) for all events.
• Verify ushers are in position and auditorium doors are closed prior to admitting patrons into lobbies.
• Monitor volunteer staff to ensure coverage at all doors at all times.
• Coordinate with merchandise contacts and sellers, review and collect commissions due to the Theatre.
• Verify compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations pertinent health department regulations as related to the sale of alcoholic beverages.
• Coordinate with caterers for artists’ needs.
• Create event report
• Minimum three years of customer service experience, preferably in the hospitality or arts industries.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to deal effectively with people of diverse interests and backgrounds.
• Ability and willingness to work irregular hours.
• Extreme personal flexibility in line with Theatre needs.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Strong communication skills for oral and written tasks.
• Capability to multi-task with co-workers, volunteers, patrons, tasks and processes to ensure a smooth event.
• Basic computer skills, specifically with Excel.
• Clear understanding of ADA, safety regulations and fire codes as relates to delivery of services.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Patron Services Search” in the subject line.