Full Job Description
Girls of Virtue Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: First Coast Florida – Duval, Clay, Nassau, and St Johns County
Reports To: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt
Girls of Virtue is a local nonprofit organization working to create a community for young women to have a safe environment that will teach them the proper skills they will need to face today’s complex generation. Instill life skills through mentorship, workshops, education, and spirituality. We are dedicated to creating a world that empowers and equips young women to be grounded spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially. Our program currently serves Duval, Nassau, St Johns, and Clay County in Northeast Florida.
Consistent with the mission of Girls of Virtue, the Executive Director is responsible for the program’s overall development, management, organization, and financial solvency. This position will report to the Board of Directors and will be a full-time, salaried position. The best candidate will be a candidate who has proven experience developing and growing organizations, both programmatically and fiscally. The individual will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to seize opportunities that drive results across various functional areas.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Partnerships and Fund Development*
• Strategically build new strategic relationships that lead to effective and collaborative community partnerships.
• Actively seeks out funding opportunities through grants, sponsorships, donations, or gifts to expand organizational capacity.
• Develop successful fund development campaigns that increase both donor base and gift size.
• Maintains reporting and attends all required meetings or hearings related to funding sources.
• Uses effective communication skills and influence to spread awareness of our mission resulting in greater brand awareness.
• Ensure community engagement and communication are consistent with the Girls of Virtue brand and core values.
• Provides regular financial health updates to the board.
• Directly supervises Girls of Virtue staff by providing guidance, training, and coaching.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new program staff.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles corrective action of employees in accordance with policy.
• Develop and implement a strategic growth plan, emphasizing opportunities in Duval County.
• Lead and empower staff; ensure cohesive collaboration and success in a remote, multi-county work setting.
• Demonstrate financial acumen; monitor the organization’s progress toward meeting financial goals.
• Build a culture centered on our core values; elevate a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access.
• Maintain a strong relationship with Girls of Virtue commitments, obligations and policies.
• Track, analyze and measure Girls of Virtue data and key performance indicators.
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors to create a positive, effective, and engaged board.
• Maintain ethical standards and accountability, manage risk, perform due diligence, and implement operational best practices.
Program Management and Development
• Oversee Girls of Virtue programming, ensuring that goals for sites and participants are reached.
• Develop growth strategies for Girls of Virtue, including geographic and program expansion.
• Oversee the management and coordination of the annual golf tournament.
• Oversee the management and coordination of the annual 5k.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or comparable work experience, with 5-7 years of demonstrated executive leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit community impact environment
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and grant writing
• Passion for the Girls of Virtue mission-centric work and alignment with our core values
• Confident and influential speaker and negotiator, in both large and small settings
• Strong technological proficiency to navigate an array of web-based software
• Readiness to embrace the work of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to seize opportunities
• Serve in a hands-on role with regard to program execution and administrative needs
• Must be available nights and weekends as needed for Girls of Virtue events, funding opportunities, and ambassador engagements.
• Regular access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel locally.
This full-time position is based in the First Coast Florida area. The position currently allows for flexible remote work; however, the candidate must be locally based to provide hands-on leadership and support to our community. Once our facility is fully open, the position will require work from the office at least 75% of the time.
• Frequent local travel
• Ongoing in-person and virtual interactions in the community
• Frequent interaction with external stakeholders
• High-speed internet access is required to access systems
TO SUPPORT YOUR SUCCESS, YOU CAN EXPECT:
• Active and reliable support from the Girls of Virtue Headquarters.
• An engaged board with a desire to support your success and the Girls of Virtue’s growth
• Clear guidance, metrics, and a continual feedback loop regarding goals, expectations, and outcomes
This position offers a compensation range of $50,000-$60,000 annually, depending on experience. A performance bonus is available within the first 6 months if programmatic and fund development goals are met. Benefits such as paid time off and professional development opportunities are available.
How to Apply
Please email a resume to email@example.com