The Nonprofit Center is a vital support system for our local nonprofits. We provide services, programs, and information resources for our members while advocating for the Northeast Florida nonprofit sector locally and at the state level. We provide local government, civic and business leaders, and the media insights and information to promote smart decision making and public support for local nonprofits.
The Administrative & Programs Coordinator is a full-time nonexempt position reporting to the Senior Director of Programs. This position is an integral part of the programs and administrative team; the position is the first point of contact for members, guests, and visitors, fulfilling requests and referring customers to the resources they need both in-person and online. The role includes program support for the 100+ convenings, events, and trainings that the Nonprofit Center hosts annually. The right person will be eager to learn about each of our members, our impact, and how best to be part of and support a responsive and efficient organization. The Administrative & Programs Coordinator position offers the opportunity to interface with the Nonprofit Center team and to build your skills and knowledge base. Most Nonprofit Center programs happen during the weekdays; this position rarely requires evening or weekend hours.
Nonprofit Center Mission
The Nonprofit Center connects, strengthens, and advocates for a strong nonprofit community.
Nonprofit Center Vision
A vibrant, inclusive Northeast Florida that is strengthened by – and supportive of – a healthy, high-impact nonprofit sector.
Nonprofit Center Values
• Excellence: We strive for excellence in service, in the products we create or promote, and in honoring our community relationships.
• Leadership: We strive to exhibit leadership in our role as the voice of the sector.
• Unafraid: We are unafraid when we make choices – about services, programs, and policies – so the nonprofit community can experience and learn from new, challenging, and cutting-edge practices.
• Reflective: We take time to reflect and evaluate so we celebrate when appropriate and change when needed.
• Welcoming: As a membership organization and community resource, we embrace all people and listen to diverse perspectives.
The Nonprofit Center is committed to affording equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, class background, religion, sex, disabilities that do not interfere with job performance, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnic or national origin, and carrier status.
The Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) make us a better and stronger organization. We are committed to fostering a work environment where DEI strategy is fully integrated into our values, our programs, and services, ensuring that we are actively breaking down barriers that limit access to resources, learning and belonging, and lifting up the assets that contribute to a fully inclusive workplace. To achieve our vision of a vibrant, inclusive Northeast Florida, the Nonprofit Center acknowledges that it and the nonprofit sector have not always been leaders in dismantling systemic issues and, in some ways, have enabled inequitable systems. We are no longer satisfied with the status quo. This statement is the latest step in a process that we commit to being publicly accountable for. View our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Ensure high quality customer service experience for Nonprofit Center members, program participants, and the general community. • Primary point-of-contact for all customers including members, program participants, vendors, and presenters. Program Coordination • Work with the Senior Director of Programs to develop a portfolio of events and programs to schedule, implement, and occasionally facilitate, based on Nonprofit Center programs strategy and best practices • Manage audio/visual and digital technology for events and programs, including tech needed for in-person, virtual, and hybrid event formats, and troubleshooting • Respond to inquiries and provide information pre- and post-events • Tabulate and track evaluations to continuously improve based on data • Create and monitoring events in the Nonprofit Center CRM • Understand and adhere to event budgets • Ensure event logistics (materials, room setup, meals, etc.) are executed • Initiate post-program activities in coordination with appropriate colleagues or vendors • Responsible for event communications including day-of reminders and post-event wrap up • Responsible for data management such as tracking attendance, affiliating participants in the database, virtual resource management, and pulling program reports as needed • Work with the team to support event marketing and participant outreach • Builds out and maintains internal and external event calendars • Occasionally assist Sr. Director of Evaluation and Strategic Initiatives in scheduling and managing Nonprofit Center Consulting engagements Administrative Support • Serve as primary reception/contact for phone, walk-in inquiries, email, mail, website and database portal inquiries of the Nonprofit Center and its staff, responding directly when appropriate and referring to staff when needed. • Respond to requests from members and community via Nonprofit Center website resources: Nonprofit Job Bank and Board Bank postings, and requests to post on the Events Calendar • Date stamp, sort and route all incoming mail • Organize and maintain office supply area; track office and program supply needs and provide requests to Operations Director. • Support Operations Director with JTA Rideshare Program • Other duties as assigned
• Customer-centered attitude • Highly detail oriented and organized • Able to prioritize and simultaneously execute multiple tasks on similar timetables in a fast-paced, adaptable environment • A collaborative teammate who can also work independently • Willingness to learn and translate learning into better workplace practices • Ability to understand and serve member needs • Ability to follow existing, create, and improve processes and policies • Values and contributes to an inclusive workplace specific to our DEI commitment
Education and Experience
• BA or BS or commensurate experience • Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and database management • Event planning and logistics experience (either professional or volunteer) • Good oral and written communications skills (including public speaking) • Experience with Zoom platform and/or hybrid events • Keen commitment to and enthusiasm for the nonprofit sector
We aim to be a responsible and supportive employer and cultivate an inclusive work environment. The salary range for this full-time, non-exempt position is $32,000-35,000, depending on experience. Benefit options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); , maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, paid time off; retirement plan and employee parking. Additional optional coverages include dental and vision, employee, and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions: 1. What past work experience do you have that would make you a good fit for this role? 2. What experience do you have giving presentations? Please give examples. 3. Describe your experience working directly with the public. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis with an anticipated start date of February 1st.