Vision Is Priceless (visionispriceless.org) is a local nonprofit that provides free vision screenings, eye exam and glasses for children and adults in need. The primary responsibility of the position is to be the main contact between our clients and doctors’ offices to schedule eye exam appointments. This position requires attention to details, ability to interact with doctor’s offices as well as communicate with our clients.
• The position is full-time (37.50 hours/week, hourly, non-exempt) Monday – Friday 8:30am-4pm
• Rate of pay is $15/hr (at 37.50 hours that equates to $29,250 over 12 months)
• Location is 4615 Philips Hwy Suite 100A (located inside Lutheran Social Services building)
• Includes health insurance for employee (premium paid by Vision Is Priceless), paid time off, holidays, and sick time.
Essential duties and responsibilities
1. Call clients on the phone to determine availability for an eye exam. 2. Contact doctor’s offices to schedule eye exam appointment for clients. 3. Follow-up with client to confirm exam date, location, time and other pertinent details. 4. Call and text clients with details of the eye exam appointment date, location, time and other pertinent details. 5. Process client paperwork and fax to doctor’s office. 6. Follow-up with clients on when to pick up prescription glasses if applicable. 7. Input exam information into client database as well as any applicable notes. 8. Utilize MS Excel to track exam appointments. 9. Ensure client paper files are complete and filed properly. 10. Primary person who answers the agency’s direct phone line. 11. Position is 100% in the office and requires a lot of phone work. 12. Other duties as assigned by Program Director or Executive Director.
1. High School or GED required 2. Ability to work 37.50 hours a week from 8:30am to 4pm Monday through Friday 3. Computer skills that include Excel and Outlook
Education and Experience
1. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills 2. Good organizational skills and the ability to concentrate and show attention to detail 3. Excellent verbal communication skills 4. Ability to demonstrate good judgment, work independently and as a team member 5. Ability to manage multiple tasks 6. Self-motivated