As part of our ongoing commitment to equity and inclusion, we are excited to share that we are bringing back our virtual Racial Equity Summit for another year!
The 2021 Nonprofit Racial Equity Summit will be led by a team of dynamic DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) facilitators from NonprofitHR. Together, we will increase our individual and collective understanding of racial equity through an in-depth, collaborative experience rooted in knowledge building and discussion. Participants will learn about the fundamentals of racial equity, how systemic issues manifest within our sector and organizations, and how to mobilize their resources to catalyze change. Regardless of the size, mission area, or previous training, this summit is suitable for all organizations and all roles, including board members and staff. This summit is made possible through support from the Emily Balz Smith Foundation.
Summit takeaways include:
- Establish a common language related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Learn about the social and historical context behind current systems of power, privilege, and oppression
- Increase their awareness of how individual bias influences inequities within institutions
- Explore the relationship between systems thinking and equity
- Gain tools to work towards identifying organizational inequities and operationalizing strategies to advance equity
- Increase ownership and urgency of implementing equity within their organization and region
The Nonprofit Center believes that a High-Performing Leadership team is one of the four key elements of an effective, sustainable and adaptable organization. To learn more about The Nonprofit Center’s Stronger Nonprofits Framework, click here.