The Nonprofit Center connects, strengthens, and advocates for a strong nonprofit community.
A vibrant, inclusive Northeast Florida that is strengthened by - and supportive of - a healthy, high-impact nonprofit sector.
The Nonprofit Center is a vital support system for our local nonprofits. We provide services, programs, and information resources for our members while advocating for the Northeast Florida nonprofit sector locally and at the state level. We provide local government, civic and business leaders, and the media insights and information to promote smart decision making and public support for local nonprofits.
Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida Values
- We strive for excellence in service, in the products we create or promote, and in honoring our community relationships.
- We strive to exhibit leadership in our role as the voice of the sector.
- We are unafraid when we make choices - about services, programs, and policies - so the nonprofit community can experience and learn from new, challenging, and cutting-edge practices.
- We take time to reflect and evaluate so we celebrate when appropriate and change when needed.
- As a membership organization and community resource, we embrace all people and listen to diverse perspectives.
Overview and History
A true community initiative, the Nonprofit Center traces its roots back to a 1998 Jacksonville Community Council, Inc. (JCCI) study of the community’s nonprofit sector, which called for the creation of “an organization to support and advocate for a strengthened nonprofit sector in Northeast Florida.” In 2002, the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida opened its doors with crucial commitments from local philanthropists and the support of the nonprofit community.
The Nonprofit Center serves all 501(c)3 organizations located in Northeast Florida, especially our 300 nonprofit members. The Nonprofit Center strengthens your organization, builds your capacity to deliver on your mission, and signals a commitment to building a thriving sector, collaboration, and the Northeast Florida region.
GuideStar Seal of Transparency
The Nonprofit Center has earned the GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency for 2021. Click on the seal to learn more about GuideStar and our organizational commitment to transparency.
Key Nonprofit Center Documents
OFFICIAL REGISTRATION: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR THE NONPROFIT CENTER OF NORTHEAST FLORIDA, A FLORIDA-BASED NONPROFIT CORPORATION (REGISTRATION NO. CH 928), MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.HELP.FLA (435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.