Attending a Nonprofit Center Event or Program?
Do you have questions? We have answers! See below for answers to some of your Frequently Asked Questions regarding Nonprofit Center Events and Programs.
Have questions not answered here? Please reach out to us at Programs@NonprofitCtr.org.
Our Community, Our Commitment
The Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) make us a better and stronger organization. We are committed to fostering a work environment where DEI strategy is fully integrated into our values, our programs, and services, ensuring that we are actively breaking down barriers that limit access to resources, learning and belonging, and lifting up the assets that contribute to a fully inclusive workplace. To achieve our vision of a vibrant, inclusive Northeast Florida, the Nonprofit Center acknowledges that it and the nonprofit sector have not always been leaders in dismantling systemic issues and, in some ways, have enabled inequitable systems. We are no longer satisfied with the status quo. This statement is the latest step in a process that we commit to being publicly accountable for. View our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Visiting The Jessie
Our offices are located inside The Jessie at 40 East Adams Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. The Nonprofit Center is in Suite 100.
Programs taking place at The Jessie can take place in various rooms within the building, please check your registration confirmation email for a specific room assignment.
Attendees of fee-based programs such as the Professional Development Series and programs that are longer than 2 hours are provided parking validation at the Yates Garage located at 200 E. Adams Street.
Upon entrance to the Yates garage, pull up to the right-hand gate arm to pull a ticket. You must bring the ticket with you to the program to receive a validation sticker. Upon exiting the garage, you will insert the validated ticket into the machine which will release the gate arm.
Generally, programs that are under 2 hours and/or free to our members are not provided validated parking. There are many parking options in Downtown Jacksonville.
- Social Distancing: The Nonprofit Center is currently limiting the number of attendees at in-person programs so that attendees are able to social distance at tables. Sign up early if you prefer an in-person option!
- Food and Drink: At this time, food and drink will not be provided to program participants. You are welcome to bring water with you to programs but we ask that you do not bring other food or beverages into meeting rooms unless it is medically necessary for you to do so.
- Vaccination: All Nonprofit Center staff and in-person facilitators have received the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Sanitizing: Hand sanitizer will be provided at all Nonprofit Center events and tables are wiped down with a disinfectant before and after programs.
- Not feeling well? The Nonprofit Center asks that you please not attend programs in-person if you are ill. Most sessions are recorded and are available to view after the event.
- The Jessie is LEED Gold Certified and has heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment that uses non-ozone depleting refrigerants.
- The Jessie is equipped with elevators on both the left and right hand sides of the building to access events taking place on the second and third floors.
- There is a gender neutral restroom to the second floor.
- There are changing tables in all restrooms.
- The Lecture Hall has listening devices for those that are hearing impaired, made available upon request.
- All virtual programming now includes closed captioning.
- At this time, we are unable to provide translation services to those whose primary language is Spanish. We understand this is an important resource and are looking into how we can offer this in the future.
- For additional accommodations, please reach out to us at Programs@NonprofitCtr.org.
The Nonprofit Center is committed to doing our part to reduce the amount of paper waste at events and programs and as such we are aiming to eliminate paper handouts.
- All presentation files are made available to participants electronically after the session.
- In instances that handouts are needed during a session, we encourage you to bring a mobile device to access electronic copies, to print and bring your own, or to let program staff know ahead of time that you request a printed copy be made for you.
- Any paper the NPC does use is tree free/recyclable.
- We are eliminating printed name tags for events and encourage you to bring your own. For those that do not have a name tag, we will have blank ones available on tables.
Visit our Events Calendar to view our current schedule. When you see a class you’re interested in, click on the title to review the class details and registration page. Click “register” on the class details page, and complete the required information.
- If you are a member of the Nonprofit Center, you will be prompted to login to the member portal using your individual login. If you need assistance logging in, please view our blog about the member portal by clicking here.
- If you are not a member, you can click "x" to close out the login prompt and complete the registration form as a guest.
Once you reserve your training online, you can pay by credit card, debit card or check. NeonPay handles our online credit and debit card transactions in a secure environment. If paying by check, please make it out to the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida. Our mailing address is 40 East Adams St. Suite 100 Jacksonville, FL 32202.
We ask that all payments be made within 48 business hours from the date of the training.
If you have any questions regarding payments, or if you need an invoice, please contact Darien Reynolds at email@example.com or 904-425-1935.
If you cannot attend, you are encouraged to send another attendee in your place. You can transfer your registration through the member portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send an email to email@example.com at least 48 business hours in advance if you can no longer attend the workshop. We are unable to offer refunds for cancellations that occur less than 48 hours before an event or no shows the day of. If you do not cancel your reservation and do not show up for a paid event, you will be billed for your attendance. Your refund will be issued in the same tender as payment was made. Please note, processing fees are unable to be refunded at any time.
Please see below for program-specific payment policies.
Full-Day Events and Conferences:
- Payments for full-day events and conferences are nonrefundable less than 10 days prior to the event. If you find that you are unable to attend this event after you have registered, please notify the Nonprofit Center at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you cancel your registration less than ten days before the event, your organization will still be charged/invoiced for the full amount of the event.
Event Series Payments:
- Registrations for event series are not refundable. If you find you can no longer attend the series (or any of the events within it) we request that you send another staff member in your place.
How to Start Payments:
- Payment for How to Start a Nonprofit workshops are payable only by credit card or cash. No checks are allowed.
JTA Rideshare Payments:
- JTA payments are not refundable.
Give and Go Payments:
- Checks accepted in person by appointment only. Give and Go payments are not refundable.
- If an event has to be canceled due to inclement weather or any other emergency, registrants will be notified of postponement as soon as possible and automatically transferred if the event is rescheduled.
Nonprofit Center members receive access to many free programs as well as special discounts for all paid programming. If you are not a member and would like to learn more about the benefits to joining, please click here.
Additionally, most Professional Development Series and Summits have either an individual early bird discount or a discount for multiple registrants from one organization when registered at the same time. See the specific program page to determine if the discount applies to that program.
The Nonprofit Center is offering a number of events and programs in a hybrid format which means you will have the option to attend either live in-person or live virtually via Zoom. Nonprofit Center staff will be moderating the virtual attendance experience so that virtual attendees are still able to participate fully in programs that are happening in a hybrid format.
What if I want to change my selected option for attendance?
- I want to attend in-person when I had purchased a virtual ticket. We encourage you to reach out to Programs@NonprofitCtr.org as soon as possible to check on the availability of in-person seating. We ask that you let us know at least 3 business days in advance. Due to capacity limitations of the physical space, you may not be able to change to an in-person attendee.
- I want to attend virtually when I had purchased an in-person ticket. For most programs, you may join as a virtual attendee at any time however, we ask that you let us know at least 3 business days in advance by emailing Programs@NonprofitCtr.org so that we can alert others who may wish to attend in-person that a seat is now open.
Please note that some events and programs will only be offered in an In-Person Only or Virtual Only format. The specific format details will be noted on the registration page for individual events and programs and confirmed again in the reminder email sent out prior to the session.
The Nonprofit Center serves the Northeast Florida region and occasionally holds programs outside of The Jessie. For events that are held at external locations, we will still adhere to NPC policies and safety precautions. Some venues may have additional policies in place that we will be contractually obligated to uphold. Please find specific details pertaining to your off-site event in the registration and confirmation emails for that program.
The Nonprofit Center is always interested in connecting with individuals that have expertise in facilitating thoughtful, informative, inclusive, and engaging programs relevant to nonprofit sector job roles, key issues, and trends.
We encourage all potential trainers to learn more about the Nonprofit Center Stronger Nonprofits Framework to see where your idea or program fits in with our capacity building strategy.
To learn more about our upcoming calls for proposals, please reach out to us at Programs@NonprofitCtr.org.
Are you a business interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities? As the Nonprofit Center strives to make all events and programs both high quality and affordable, we would love to connect with you about how you can support Nonprofit Center programming and get your name out there to our nonprofit members!
For all sponsorship interest, please contact Kim Govan, Senior Director of Membership and Community Outreach, at KGovan@Nonprofitctr.org.
Our Offices and Programs
The Nonprofit Center recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic presents a continually evolving situation. As such, we reserve the right to change the format of all programs based on COVID-19 case rates and/or the preference of the majority of attendees. Please make sure to check the specific details of each event by referring to your registration confirmation and reminder emails.
We also encourage you to find the latest announcements and resources related to COVID-19 on our dedicated webpage found by clicking here.