On March 19, 2020 the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida hosted a webinar featuring experts from the National Council of Nonprofits, Florida Nonprofit Alliance, and the Community Foundation for Northeast Florida. More than 150 staff members from Nonprofits across Northeast Florida joined.
Nonprofits reported a range of effects related to COVID-19. Here are some of the highlights.
Of the nonprofits who joined the call:
- 76% reported actively seeking philanthropic relief to offset lost revenue
- 52% reported revenue loss due to cancelled fundraising events
- 33% reported revenue loss due to shifting demand for services
- 42% reported that COVID-19 had caused a disruption in their ability to provide services
- 34% cited concerns about the potential for decline in philanthropic revenue/donations
- 46% had shifted to at least a partially virtual environment due to COVID-19
- 15% reported being mostly or entirely closed due to COVID-19
This recording contains information related to national advocacy efforts as well as some description of the service interruptions that local nonprofits are experiencing. View the excerpted recording here. View the slides here.
Resources Mentioned on the call:
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance COVID-19 resources
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance & Florida Philanthropic Network Nonprofit impact flash poll
- National Council of Nonprofits – COVID-19: What nonprofits can do
- United Way – First Coast Relief Fund
- Duval County COAD (Community Organizations Active in Disaster) – email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list