On March 27, 2020 the Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida hosted a webinar featuring experts in federal legislation, Florida Nonprofit Alliance, the city of Jacksonville, and the Duval COAD (Community Organizations Active in Disaster). More than 140 staff members from Nonprofits across Northeast Florida joined.
This recording contains a breakdown of federal COVID-19 relief legislation by Sen. George Lemieux as well as clarification around SBA loans from Sabeen Perwaiz of Florida Nonprofit Alliance. Dawn Lockhart and Mike Weinstein from the City of Jacksonville shared information about city contracts. Michelle Braun and John Sapora shared information local relief efforts and the Community Organizations Active in Disaster Relief working group. View the recording here. View the slides here.
Resources Mentioned on the call:
- Families First Coronavirus Relief Act Poster from US Department of Labor
- CARES Act Overview by Gunster Law Firm
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance Letter to Florida Lawmakers
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance State Policy Summary
- National Council of Nonprofits – SBA Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act
- Clarification around evictions: While local court systems continue to adjudicate evictions to completion, JSO has discontinued the enforcement of these final eviction judgments by temporarily declining to remove tenants from the premises through April 30, 2020.