Our team is working remotely as our community adjusts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We realize that for some of our members, webinars might be a new experience, so we have compiled this brief guide to help you prepare for your upcoming virtual meeting.
Getting started on Zoom
- Download the Zoom
app for the best experience.
- Start by going to zoom.us/download to download the Zoom app for your computer or visit the App store or Google Play store on your mobile device.
- Click the blue “Download” button under Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Open the Zoom installer from your Downloads folder and follow the on-screen steps to set up your Zoom client.
- You are not required to create an account to use Zoom. If you choose to create a zoom account, simply follow the on-screen instructions to create your free Zoom account.
Connecting on event day
- To join a Zoom meeting, simply click on the link sent to you via email. If prompted by your web browser, click “open in Zoom app.”
- Once you’re in
the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in two different ways:
- Using computer audio (recommended)
- Dialing in from your phone
Best practices while in a Zoom meeting
- Use the Zoom app to connect. While there are phone-only options, you will not be able to see any presentations or use any of the interactive features on the phone.
- Sign in to Zoom 5-10 minutes before your meeting begins and stay signed in.
- Check your internet speed. If you’re on free wifi or if there are multiple streaming services using your connection, switch your camera off to improve streaming quality.
- Use the chat, reaction, and hand raise feature to engage with your fellow event attendees. You can chat privately to an individual (such as your host) or to everyone.
- Stay muted unless you’re talking to reduce background noise. If you need to unmute to speak, click on the microphone in the bottom left or press *6 on your phone.
- Make sure you sit in a well-lit and quiet place.
- Be yourself and enjoy the content!
For additional help, visit support.zoom.us to access video demonstrations and trainings. For assistance during a zoom meeting, please send a private message to Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida within the zoom chat.