Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida Zoom Guide
Our team is working remotely as our community adjusts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We realize that for some of our members, webinars might be a new experience, so we have compiled this brief guide to help you prepare for your upcoming virtual meeting.
Getting started on Zoom
- Download the Zoom
app for the best experience.
- Start by going to zoom.us/download to download the Zoom app for your computer or visit the App store or Google Play store on your mobile device.
- Click the blue “Download” button under Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Open the Zoom installer from your Downloads folder and follow the on-screen steps to set up your Zoom client.
- You are not required to create an account to use Zoom. If you choose to create a zoom account, simply follow the on-screen instructions to create your free Zoom account.
Connecting on event day
- To join a Zoom meeting, simply click on the link sent to you via email. If prompted by your web browser, click “open in Zoom app.”
- Once you’re in
the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in two different ways:
- Using computer audio (recommended)
- Dialing in from your phone
Best practices while in a Zoom meeting
- Use the Zoom app to connect. While there are phone-only options, you will not be able to see any presentations or use any of the interactive features on the phone.
- Sign in to Zoom 5-10 minutes before your meeting begins and stay signed in.
- Check your internet speed. If you’re on free wifi or if there are multiple streaming services using your connection, switch your camera off to improve streaming quality.
- Use the chat, reaction, and hand raise feature to engage with your fellow event attendees. You can chat privately to an individual (such as your host) or to everyone.
- Stay muted unless you’re talking to reduce background noise. If you need to unmute to speak, click on the microphone in the bottom left or press *6 on your phone.
- Make sure you sit in a well-lit and quiet place.
- Be yourself and enjoy the content!
For additional help, visit support.zoom.us to access video demonstrations and trainings. For assistance during a zoom meeting, please send a private message to Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida within the zoom chat.
[…] believe that moving swiftly to virtually deliver our content to you meets this need. We have chosen Zoom because it is free for participants and offers collaborative tools that will recreate some of our […]