Dear Nonprofit Center Community,
We are in the midst of a global pandemic that is altering the way we work, connect, and think about public health. The Nonprofit Center remains steadfast in its commitment to strengthen, connect, and empower the nonprofit sector in Northeast Florida.
In order to protect the health and safety of our participants, staff, and our community we are announcing some immediate changes to our events and programming. As of March 13, 2020, we began taking the following steps to help mitigate the spread and effects of COVID-19 throughout Northeast Florida:
- We have suspended all Members-Only Convenings for the remainder of March and April. This includes:
- CEO Confidential, Communications, Data & Impact, Development, Management Matters, and Operations
- We have converted all remaining events in the months of March, April, and May to virtual events. Call-in and web-based options will be available. Updated details will be sent the registrants of each event.
- Our office staff is virtual as of March 16, 2020, and our physical office is closed to visitors. We will still be available during our regular office hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, via phone, email, and virtual meetings.
- We have a COVID-19 webpage that is being constantly updated to provide resources. We will also post key announcements on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
As a staff, we have carefully deliberated about how to best continue to serve you while minimizing interruptions. We believe that moving swiftly to virtually deliver our content to you meets this need. We have chosen Zoom because it is free for participants and offers collaborative tools that will recreate some of our signature in-person experiences.
We realize that many of our member nonprofits and stakeholders provide critical services to some of the most vulnerable members of our community and will continue their daily work. We are deeply grateful for your continued service to our community. Please be safe and stay healthy; without you, we cannot fulfill our mission. Nonprofit organizations, please reach out us if you if there is anything we can do to be of assistance.
We look forward to really seeing you in person soon.
Rena Coughlin, CEO & the Nonprofit Center staff
If you have additional resources to suggest, please send an email to Anna McDaniel-Wyatt. This is a rapidly-evolving situation. For the latest updates and information, please refer to CDC guidance for COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
This post was last updated at 10:15 AM EDT on March 31, 2020.